Salon J Review

Thursday, March 24, 2011
Hey everyone!
I wanted to share with you my first experience at Salon J in Sidney BC Vancouver Island. Salon J offers hair services (cut/colour) and aesthetic services (waxing, massage, makeup application, manicures, pedicures and facials). So here it goes:
A friend of mine named Jess Bodrug works at Salon J and told me to come in and check it out. My first impression of the salon was that it was in one of the most beautiful parts of town! Right near the water! However, the parking situation is pretty terrible in Sidney and the maximum allotted time is 2 hours so make sure to park in a parkade (if there are any) or be prepared to move your car if you are getting a cut and colour like I did. Anyways, the salon was huge! There were two separate areas where people could get their hair cut, an aesthetician area and a makeup counter. Also, I immediately noticed that they sold and used both Aveda and Bumble and Bumble products which are two of the most sought after brands in Victoria (at least, in my opinion). The colouring experience was great, Jess applied a gentle Aveda colouring product on my roots and it didn't burn at all! She was also sure to tone out both my ends and roots as to get rid of the brassiness that had acquired since my last colour. After, she gave me a fantastic hair cut (which was much needed since my hair is so long and slightly damaged). I absolutely love the cut! My hair feels a lot lighter and I can see the defined layers.

All in all my experience at Salon J was amazing and Jess was very accommodating and friendly. She even remembered that I had mentioned my sensitive scalp a few weeks prior and made sure to use products that wouldn't irritate it.
I would absolutely recommend going to Salon J in Sidney and getting your hair cut and/or dyed by Jess Bodrug! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:


Photo taken 4 days after the hair cut/colour

Photo taken 4 days after the hair cut/colour

Photo taken 4 days after the hair cut/colour


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...